Thanks to the Apres by CK Bradley contest, I’ve got skiing on the brain. So when Yuli Linssen Kaminitz from EasyToBook.com offered to write a guest blog post about the top five ski resorts of Austria, I was very excited. I’ve been to Austria twice, but only in the summer and only to Vienna. Now I’m dreaming about skiing the Austrian Alps, which Yuli says tend to be less crowded than the French Alps yet with possibly even more dramatic scenery. Here, he explains which resorts are best suited to which kind of vacationers.
1. St. Anton Am Arlberg Traveling with the whole family or with a big group of friends? Then this is the place for you. St. Anton is one of the most popular spots to ski in Austria. The village has such a fun atmosphere that when you stay there you just feel like partying every night — it’s hard to believe that this beautiful village is inhabited by only 2680 citizens! It attracts mostly experienced skiers but if you’re on the beginner side or it’s just your first time at the resort, contact this British-run company and ask them about their guided tours and ski courses. To learn more about where to stay and what to do, visit the St. Anton Am Arlberg official website.
2. Lech Love people watching? There’s a good chance you’ll encounter some celebrities in Lech. This spot has been visited in the past by some of the royal families. The reason Lech is so trendy is very simple: it’s an extremely glamorous location which not only known to have some of the best ski terrain in all of Austria, but it also offers a vibrant nightlife and luxury hotels. It also boasts the highest snow accumulation in the Alps. For more details about ski lessons and hotels, visit their site.
3. Alpbach First big ski vacation? If you’re new to skiing, then this is the resort for you. Alpbach is suitable for beginners because it has only two slopes in the whole village. It’s also perfect for a romantic getaway because the landscape is so picture-perfect it looks like it was created based on a beautiful painting. For more details about accommodation click here.
4. Ischgl: Located right next to the Swiss border, this ski destination is extremely popular thanks to its lively atmosphere. If your dream ski holiday includes great nightlife, then you’ll love staying here. There are plenty of top-notch restaurants and a pub on every street corner, where people of all ages party. Be aware that because of all it offers, Ischgl is a bit pricey and you will need to book your hotel well in advance. For more details visit their official site.
5. Söll: Planning a ski vacation on a tight budget can be quite difficult and that is why this village is a great solution. But don’t get the wrong idea, Söll is not a compromise for those who are short on cash — it’s an amazing place to visit regardless of what your budget allows you. This friendly village offers ski courses for all levels, nice walking trails for those who want to explore on foot and lots of other activities for families and young people. To read more about this amazing spot, click here.
To book your hotel in Austria, visit EasyToBook.com