Christmas Decorations Around the World: Sydney, Brussels and More

sydney town hall at christmas

Sydney's Town Hall gets all decked out for Christmas, photo by Sweet One/Flickr

Sure, the Christmas Tree at NYC’s Rockefeller Center may be a tourist mecca, but I love it anyway. While that massive tree is one of the world’s most famous Christmas displays, most cities around the world deck the streets, parks and squares for Christmas. A round-the-world tour for the month of December to see all of the beautiful Christmas decorations across the globe would be fun, but very expensive and quite rushed — not to mention that this is the busiest time of year to travel. A YouTube tour is much easier! Below are videos of some of the best Christmas decorations in the world, including Brussels, Prague, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.

The Christmas Winter Light and Music Show at La Grande Place in Brussels is very impressive!

The lights in Tokyo’s Hinokicho Park aren’t your standard Christmas fare, but they’re beautiful none the less.

The colorful Christmas-themed light projections onto Sydney’s Town Hall are really cool.

Here’s a video of this year’s lighting of the Christmas Tree in Prague’s Old Town Square. I like the videographer’s bird’s eye perspective!

This video takes you on a ride through Singapore’s famous Orchard Road, so you see the festive lights that line the street from Tanglin Shopping Mall all the way to Marina Square/Esplanade.

9 Responses to Christmas Decorations Around the World: Sydney, Brussels and More

1. Eurotrip Tips December 14, 2010 at 2:44 am #

I love Regent’s Rd & Oxford St in London during Christmas. And the windows of Selfridges are always a work of art !

Pretty lights in Sydney, though!

2. Hotels in Sydney December 14, 2010 at 8:03 am #

this is so just amazing … love that hall in sydney

3. Sophie
    Twitter: SophieR
    December 20, 2010 at 8:30 am #

Sydney Town Hall all lit up looks very cool. And just a little spooky.

4. Ordinary Traveler December 20, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

That first video is very cool. Thanks for sharing!

5. Danee Gilmartin
    Twitter: museumchick
    December 21, 2010 at 9:21 pm #

such a festival post! I love the Rockefeller tree too but is it just me or is it getting shorter?!

6. Ladyexpat December 22, 2010 at 12:15 am #

They’re all gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

7. Anonymous December 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

This post has made me feel very christmassy! I think I am going to head off and listen to lots of songs :-)

8. Anonymous December 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Belgium – More Than Beer & Chocolate | Stacie's Wanderlust - January 2, 2012

[…] and know how to make a grand display of them with lights, music and sparkles. In Liz Broad’s, Travelogged website, she declares Brussels to have one of the most spectacular Christmas decoration displays in […]