Guest blogger Danee Gilmartin of MuseumChick has shared her recent experience at the Egyptian Museum with Travelogged. Here, she gives her top five tips to help you make the most of your time at the Egyptian Museum. If you love museums, you'll really enjoy Danee's blog!
1. A tour guide is helpful to navigate the Egyptian Museum, but a book from the gift shop can also be just as useful and a lot cheaper.
2. No pictures are allowed. They will ask you to check your camera.
3. No credit cards are accepted. Bring cash in small bills.
4. Expect to pay about $20 extra for a ticket to enter the famous Mummy Room.
5. If you have an international student ID (one with a picture), make sure to bring it to receive discounted admission.